Officials with Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana say Wednesday, Jan. 15 is the last day to purchase a policy and have coverage on Feb. 1.
While the marketplace will remain open through March 31, people who buy plans after Jan. 15 will not have effective coverage until March 1 or later.
You have several options for purchasing health insurance through the marketplace:
· Buy directly online at www.healthcare.gov
· Call a local agent or broker
· Work with a marketplace navigator - visit www.healthcare.gov/contact-us to locate one nearby
· Call the marketplace hotline, open 24/7, at (800) 318-2596
Blue Cross is one of four Louisiana health insurance companies selling products in the state's marketplace. It is the only company on the Louisiana marketplace offering plans from all four pricing levels to residents in all areas of the state.
If you plan to shop for insurance in the marketplace will need to have the following pieces of information available:
· A personal email address for the person who will be purchasing the insurance policy
· The Social Security numbers of all members of the family/household who will get coverage through that policy (such as the person's spouse, children or other dependent relatives)
· If applying for a government subsidy: employer and income information for all members of the household who will get coverage through that policy, such as pay stubs and W-2 forms
· Policy numbers for any health insurance coverage they have already
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.