The Holiday Trail of Lights is underway in Shreveport-Bossier, Minden, Alexandria and other cities around the ArkLaTex.
The trail spans across I-20 and down I-49 and all the cities that are a part of it are within close driving distance of one another.
Here's a look at some of the holiday festivities going on in the cities of Alexandria and Pineville:
Annual 12 Nights of Christmas
· Event times vary - dates are Dec. 5- Dec. 21 at different locations throughout the City of Alexandria
· Enjoy Christmas lights, live entertainment, storytelling, pictures with Santa, make old-fashioned ornaments and refreshments
· For more information call (318) 449-50000 - www.cityofalexandriala.com <http://www.cityofalexandriala.com/
Follow the Star
· Event times are 6:15 p.m., 7:15 p.m. & 8:15 p.m. and runs from Nov. 28 - Nov. 29 at Louisiana College on 1140 College Dr. in Pineville
· Experience the birth of Christ through a special musical called "Christmas on the Hill"
· For more information call (318) 487-7011 - www.lacollege.edu http://www.lacollege.edu
The Nutcracker Ballet
· Performance starts at 7 p.m. Nov. 30 & at 2 p.m. Dec. 1 at the Red River Dance Company on 1202 Third St. in Alexandria
· For more information call (318) 443-7500 - www.redriverdance.org http://www.redriverdance.org
Holiday Light Safari
· Event starts at 6 p.m. Dec. 6 - Dec. 7 at the Alexandria Zoological Park on 3016 Masonic Dr.
· Zoo will transform into a sparkling winter wonderland - visit with Santa, warm up by the bonfire and enjoy holiday treats from the café - musical entertainment
· Regular zoo admission - FREE with FOTAZ card
· For more information call (318) 441-6810 - www.thealexandriazoo.com <http://www.thealexandriazoo.com
City of Pineville Christmas Parade
· Parade begins at 7 p.m. Dec. 13 at Pineville High School - Follows Claiborne to Military Hwy - into Main St. and ends at Huey P. Long Hospital - Admission is FREE
· For more information call (318) 449-5660 - www.pineville.net http://www.pineville.net
Alexandria Christmas Parade
· Parade starts at 2 p.m. Dec. 8 - route begins at MacArthur Dr. down to Metro Dr. to Jackson St. continues to Alexandria Senior High School
· Sponsored by the Alexandria Mardi Gras Association - Admission is FREE
· For more information call (318) 623-7359 - www.alexmardigras.com http://www.alexmardigras.com
A Pilgrimage to Bethlehem
· Event runs from 6 p.m. - 9 p.m. Dec.12 - Dec. 13, 3 p.m. - 9 p.m. Dec. 14 & 2 p.m. - 6 p.m. Dec. 15 at Emmanuel Baptist Church on 430 Jackson St. in Alexandria
· Step back in time to a place where a single event changed millions of lives forever - music and drama - stay for a guided tour of the dramatic recreation of First Century Bethlehem - Admission is FREE
· For more information call (318) 442-7773 - www.emmanuelalexandria.org <http://www.emmanuelalexandria.org
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.