The Holiday Trail of Lights is underway in Shreveport-Bossier, Minden, Natchitoches and other cities around the ArkLaTex.
The trail spans across I-20 and down I-49 and all the cities that are a part of it are within close driving distance of one another.
Here's a look at some of the holiday festivities going on in the City of Natchitoches:
"Turn on the Holidays" Natchitoches' Tri-Centennial Kick-Off and Fireworks
· Event runs from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 23 at the Downtown Riverbank on 781 Front St. - food, fireworks, entertainment - Admission is FREE
Festival of Lights
· Event takes place between 5:30 p.m. and 10 p.m. from Nov 23 to Jan 6, 2014 - Downtown Riverbank 781 Front St.
· 45 nights of Christmas lights along Cane River Lake
· Enjoy carriage tour, delicious food vendors, live entertainment and fireworks each Saturday night - Admission is FREE
· Event runs from Nov. 30 until Dec. 13-14 and Dec. 20-21 - Downtown Riverbank on 781 Front St.
· Frosty's Avalanche Slide, live entertainment and strolling carolers - Admission will be charged
Natchitoches/ Northwestern Christmas Gala
· Gala will run from 7:30 p.m. until 10:00 p.m. - Dec. 4 - Dec. 6 at A.A. Fredericks Auditorium on 150 Central Ave.
· Features performances by the NSU Choirs, the NSU Department of Theatre and Dance and the Natchitoches-Northwestern Symphony Orchestra
87th Annual Christmas Festival
· Celebration takes place between noon and 10 p.m. Dec. 6 and Dec. 7 at the Downtown Riverbank on 781 Front St.
· Two parades, vendors, arts & crafts, music and fireworks
Holiday Tour of Homes
· Tours run from 5 p.m. until 8 p.m. Wed., Fri. and between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. Sat., Dates: Dec. 11 through Dec. 21 at the Landmark Historic District on 781 Front St.
· Hosted by Natchitoches Historic Foundation - tour various historic homes decorated for Christmas - Admission is $15
· Tickets available by calling (800) 259-1714 - http://historicfoundation.org
· Event runs from 1 p.m. until 2:30 p.m. Dec. 14 through Dec. 21 at Magnolia Plantation Complex on 5549 Hwy 119 in Derry, LA
· Creole Christmas at Oakland Plantation with special tours, educational programs and musical events - Admission is FREE
Fete de Hiver
· Event will take place between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Dec. 14 at Fort St. John Baptiste SHS on 155 Rue Jefferson
· Celebrate Christmas 18th century style with historians, re-enactors and period merchants - FREE for ages 12 & under and for those 61 & over - otherwise its $4 per person
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.