WACKY CHRISTMAS PHOTO CONTEST
brought to you by KTAL NBC 6 & Patterson’s Camera Shop
Submit your best Wacky Christmas photo for your chance to win one of three great prizes!
· Contest dates/times: The submission period is from 11/18/13 at 12am/Midnight through 12/21/13 at 11:59pm (CST). The voting period is from 12/22/13 at 12am/Midnight through 12/31/13 at 11:59pm (CST).
· Prizes & value of prizes: There will be a total of three prizes. First place prize is a $200 Visa Gift Card. Second place prize is a $100 Visa Gift Card. Third place prize is a $50 Visa Gift Card
· Contest execution: Viewers must register with our contest engine, Second Street’s Upickem platform, and then participate in our contest. To participate, fill out the contest form and upload/submit a Wacky Christmas Photo as well as “like” our sponsors and station’s facebook pages. Viewers must be 18 years of age or older to participate.
· Entry deadline: Submissions will not be accepted after 11:59pm on Saturday, December 21st. All times are Central Standard Time.
· Voting: Viewers may vote on their favorite submission between 12am/Midnight on Sunday, December 22nd, 2013 and 11:59pm on Tuesday, December 31st, 2013.
· Winner Selection: The winners will be determined by votes submitted by viewers. Viewers must register to vote, and viewers may vote once per day per household. Duplicate votes per day per household will be deleted prior to determining a winner. The top 3 photo submissions with the most votes will be declared the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. In the event of a tie in the number of votes, random.org will generate a random number to determine the outcome.
· Date/time winner(s) will be announced): Winners will be announced on Friday, November 1st, 2013 on KTAL NBC 6’s morning show which airs from 5a-7a and by 12pm on arklatexhomepage.com, and we will contact the winners by 5pm on Friday, November 1st to notify the winners on how they may collect their prize.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER CONTESTS EXECUTED BY KTAL NBC 6 and/or arklatexhomepage.com. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING.
· How To Enter WACKY CHRISTMAS PHOTO CONTEST: Viewers must register with our contest platform by entering their information (first and last name, email, phone number, postal/zip code,), creating a username & password, and agreeing to the terms of service. After that, viewers will need to participate by filling out the contest form and upload/submit a Wacky Christmas Photo as well as “like” our station and sponsor’s facebook pages. Viewers must be 18 years of age or older to participate. After the submission period ends, viewers will vote on the submissions to determine a winner. The winners will be determined by votes submitted by viewers. Viewers must register to vote, and viewers may vote once per day per household. Duplicate votes per day per household will be deleted prior to determining a winner. The top 3 photo submissions with the most votes will be declared the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. In the event of a tie in the number of votes, random.org will generate a random number to determine the outcome. All entries and related correspondence become the property of KTAL/arklatexhomepage.com, Sponsor and its Promotional Partners and will not be acknowledged. Limit 1 entry per household for this contest. Winners will be limited to 1 prize per household. Additional entries will be disqualified, as will all incomplete entries and all entries not received within the Entry Period. KTAL, arklatexhomepage.com, Sponsor, Promotional Partners, Nexstar Broadcasting, Mission Broadcasting, and its subsidiaries are not responsible for any electronic miscommunications or failures, technical, hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed telephonic transmissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in these random contests. Use of any automated system or sweepstakes entry service or mechanism to submit entries/place calls is prohibited and will result in disqualification.
2. Eligibility: Entrants must be permanent, legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia but excluding Puerto Rico and all other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions and all areas where these contests are prohibited by federal, state, provincial, municipal or local law), must be physically present in the U.S. as of the date of entry through and including the date of awarding of the contest prizes, and must be 18 years or older on the date of entry and be located within the terrestrial broadcast signal geographic viewing area of KTAL. Employees of KTAL, Sponsor, Promotional Partners, and their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and joint venture companies, and any advertising and promotion agencies or any other entity involved in the development or administration of these random contests, as well as members of such employees’ immediate families and households (including children, spouses and siblings and/or other people living in the same households as such persons, whether related or not), are not eligible to participate.
3. Conditions of Participation/Entrant Releases: Entries/Votes made by any mass duplication, automatic, robotic, or programmed method, or through any contest entry, notification or related service, or in any manner not in compliance with the requirements of these Official Rules are invalid and will be disqualified. Lost, incomplete, late, inaccurate, garbled, and/or damaged entries are void. By entering contests on arklatexhomepage.com, entrants agree to comply with these Official Rules including all eligibility requirements and to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Entrant unconditionally assigns and transfers to KTAL all rights, title, interest, and claims that (s)he now has, or may in the future have, to his/her entry. KTAL and/or its Promotional Partners have the right to use, assign or dispose of such entries however they deem to be appropriate without the approval of, or compensation to, entrants or any third party(s). KTAL and its Promotional Partners, and any telephone network, cable television, ISPs or other service providers, and their respective parent, affiliated companies, employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and attorneys are not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate transcription of entry information, or for any human error, technical malfunction, lost/delayed data transmission, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failure of any telephone network, computer equipment, or software (including, without limitation, any damage to entrant's or any other person's computer hardware or software resulting from the participation in the contests or access to or downloading of materials from the station website, arklatexhomepage.com. for the inability to access any online service or arklatexhomepage.com, or any other error or malfunction. Unless prohibited by law, entry into these random contests and/or acceptance of any prize constitutes permission for KTAL and its Promotional Partners to use, without additional compensation, worldwide and in perpetuity in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, for promotional, publicity, and public relations purposes associated with the contests including without limitation, online (including, without limitation, posting on a website(s)) any winner’s or participant’s name, photo, likeness, biographical information, statement, voice and/or address (city and state). By participating, entrant
(i) agrees to release and hold KTAL, the Promotional Partners, Sponsors, their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”), harmless against any and all claims and liability of any kind (including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation, and/or invasion of privacy) arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the contests or the acceptance, possession, misuse, nonuse or use of any prize (including any travel or activity related thereto);
(ii) (waives all rights to claim direct, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages, attorney’ fees or any damages of any kind;
(iii) agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of KTAL and its representatives, which are final and binding on all matters relating to these contests, and
(iv) Agrees to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error in these Official Rules, or the contest itself. Winner Notification:
4. Notification: Winner(s) will be notified by telephone and/or email. Winner has 7 business days following notification of winning to collect prize at KTAL, 3150 North Market Street, Shreveport, Louisiana or 3716 Summerhill Road, Suite 100, Texarkana, TX weekdays from 8am-4pm or will forfeit winnings. Winner must provide proper identification before prize will be awarded. If the prize is not collected by prize winner within this time period, the management of KTAL reserves the right to award the prize to another contest entrant. If the winner desires to have the prize mailed to his home address and KTAL management agrees to do so, KTAL accepts no responsibility for ensuring that the winner receives the mailed prize.
Winner(s) may be required to complete, sign, have notarized and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability Release ("Affidavit and Release") and a Publicity Release (unless prohibited by law) within time frame specified by KTAL or its designated Promotional Partner(s). If the Affidavit and Release and the Publicity Release are not returned within such time period, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from among all eligible non-winning entries received. If any prize notification, communication or correspondence of any kind or any prize is returned as undeliverable, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
First place prize is a $200 Visa Gift Card.
Second place prize is a $100 Visa Gift Card.
Third place prize is a $50 Visa Gift Card
All properly claimed prizes will be awarded, but in no event will KTAL award more prizes than are provided for in these. The management of KTAL is the final authority on the interpretation of these rules and reserves the right to change these terms and conditions without prior notice. Standard Terms and Conditions apply; other restrictions may apply. Sponsor has the right in its sole discretion to substitute prizes. Winners must have valid identification and must be 18 years of age or older to enter contests. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of prize. Winner acknowledges and agrees that Winner has read, understands and agrees to these terms and conditions of KTAL herein. Winners acknowledge that KTAL, Sponsor and its Promotional Partners have neither made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relating to any of the prize items, including but not limited to, the quality, merchantability, habitability, mechanical condition, or fitness of the prize items.
If winner cannot accept prize (or any portion thereof) as stated, prize will be forfeited and at Sponsor's discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. KTAL, Sponsor and Promotional Partners will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. In the event that any prize component is not available for any reason, then remaining elements of prize shall constitute full satisfaction of Sponsor’s prize obligation to winner and no additional compensation will be awarded. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prize permitted (except at The Sponsor’s sole discretion), who reserves the right to substitute a prize (or any component thereof) with another of comparable or greater value. Reservation of Rights; Limitation of Liability: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify these contests in the event that this contest is not capable of being conducted or completed as planned for any reason including, without limitation, as a result of computer virus(es), bugs, tampering, or technical failures of any kind. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to pick winner(s) in a random drawing (or using any other method, in Sponsor’s discretion) from among all eligible entries received by Sponsor up until the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable. If the contest is cancelled or terminated, notification will be posted on the Station Website, Arklatexhomepage.com. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an e-mail entrant (as applicable), the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address submitted/used at time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person to whom the e-mail address is assigned by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be required to provide proof to KTAL and/or its agents that he or she is the Authorized Account Holder of any e-mail address associated with a potential winning entry. KTAL reserves the right to disqualify entrants who violate the rules or interfere with said contest in any manner. If disqualified, KTAL reserves the right to terminate entrant’s eligibility to participate in said contests. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, KTAL RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed to be severed from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions. The failure of the Sponsor, Station, or Promotional Partner to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside the control of either (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Void where prohibited. Open only to permanent, legal U.S. residents of the terrestrial broadcast signal geographic viewing area of KTAL who are 18 years or older. Contest Submission Period Begins November 18th, 2013 at 12am (CST) and ends December 21st, 2013 at 11:59pm (CST). Contest Voting Period Begins December 22nd, 2013 at 12am (CST) and ends December 31st, 2013 at 11:59pm (CST). Prize restrictions apply. For official rules and prize details, go to www.arklatexhomepage.com.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.