An overnight house fire sends a Shreveport police officer to the hospital.
Shreveport firefighters were called out around 3am to a house on the 100 block of Palisade Street.
A police officer, who was first on-scene, was taken to a local hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.
No word on his condition.
The house received heavy smoke damage in the kitchen.
All the occupants were able to get out safely.
We'll have more details as this story develops.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.