A good tip to cooking kabobs, make sure your meat is the same size as your vegetables. McKinney shared many of his grilling dish ideas with NBC 6 News. Listed below is the recipe for kabobs.
Gather all ingredients before beginning recipe.
Equipment: Two cutting boards (one for veggies & one for meat), storage container, metal skewers, knife, latex gloves
Mushroom Caps 1 oz
Sirloin (1 ½” X 1 1/2” Cubes) 6 oz
Yellow Onion (1 ¼” X 1 ¼” Slices) 1 oz
Green Pepper (1 ¼” X 1 ¼” Slices) 1 oz
Tomato (1 ¼” X 1 ¼” Slices) 1 oz
Marinade or Seasoning As Desired
Important to know:
· Cutting your veggies slightly smaller than the sirloin cubes should keep them from burning.
· Metal skewers helps ensure complete cooking of the meat, including the center.
Always wash your hands and sanitize your work area and equipment before starting any recipe.
· Trim stem of mushrooms even with cap
· Place in appropriate container and hold for later use
· Cut remaining ingredients and reserve
· Each kabob contains: 5 sirloin pieces, 2 mushroom caps, 2 tomato slices, 2 onion slices, and 3 green pepper slices.
· With the point of the skewer up slide on one piece of sirloin.
· Place the rest of the ingredients on in this order: green pepper, onion, sirloin cube, tomato, sirloin cube.
· When finished each kabob should weight 9-10 oz.
· Place all kabobs into a container.
· Season or marinate the kabobs to you desired taste and let sit in refrigerator for later cooking on the grill.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.