BOSSIER CITY, La. - If you are looking for a free and fun event for your entire family then head out to the 8th Annual BPCC 100 Go-Kart Race.
The event kicks off at 8 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 11, at the Bossier Parish Community College campus on 6220 E. Texas St.
Local businesses and organizations sponsor teams in customized go-karts as they zip around the racetrack to compete for trophies.
The race raises money to help support the student scholarship fund at BPCC.
The BPCC Foundation has awarded scholarships to students totaling more than $700,000, funded in part with proceeds from the BPCC 100.
In addition to the car races, there will be a Classic Car show, food truck vendors, and a Kids Pit Stop play area.
Here is a look at Race day schedule:
- 8:00 a.m. Teams' Meeting: (Gym)
Division Cup Races
- 8:30 am Lug Nut Heat #1; 10 laps with 1 pit stop
- 8:50 am Spark Plug Heat #1; 10 laps with 1 pit stop
- 9:10 am Lug Nut Heat #2; 10 laps with 1 pit stop
- 9:20 am Spark Plug Heat #2; 10 laps with 1 pit stop
- 9:40 am Johnny Wyatt Memorial Race; 15 laps with 2 pit stops
- 10:15 am Division Cup Championship Race; 15 laps with 2 pit stops
- 10:45 am TBD Race; 5 laps, no pit stop
- 11:15 am Pit Crew Challenge
- 12:00 noon Lunch Break and special 50th Anniversary Celebration/Presentations
- 1:30 pm Main Event: 50th Anniversary Champions Shoot-out; 25 laps with 3 pit stops
- 2:30 pm Winners Circle Trophy Presentations
All events are tentative and subject to change with or without notice.
Capital One Bank, The Simple Church, and the BPCC Foundation are sponsoring this year's event.
For more information, visit to www.bpcc100.org.
The crime landscape of Shreveport is changing for the better.
The Brown family had only been living in Shreveport for a week when…