Quail Creek Apartment fire

By Lynn Vance | lvance@ktalnews.tv

Published 07/15 2014 08:46PM

Updated 07/15 2014 10:22PM

The Shreveport Fire Department was dispatched to 1010 Quail Creek Road at the Quail Creek Apartments for a reported apartment fire at 5:12 PM this evening.  Fire Crews arrived on scene at 5:16 PM to find smoke coming from a downstairs apartment in one of the apartment units.  Apartment tenants from the four apartments in the building were evacuated and an aggressive interior attack was made to extinguish the fire.  The fire was brought under control at 5:36 PM.  

 

The involved apartment was occupied by three residents.  They stated they had placed a skillet of grease on the stove and left to go to the store forgetting it was there.  The fire damage was contained to the involved apartment with the other three apartments receiving only smoke damage.  There were no injuries reported from the fire.  The apartment manager stated they would be able to house the displaced family in another apartment.  

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.


Top Videos