NBC 6's Jade Cunningham spoke with Twine Chef, Patrece Jones to get the best tips for making your own pizza.
Many might not realize it, but making your own pizza is fast, easy, and healthy.
To watch Chef Jones in action watch the video above.
If you'd like to try the dough yourself, her family recipe is below.
Cristina Arnold's Pizza Crust:
-1 cup lukewarm water
-2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
-1 Tablespoon honey
-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/2 teaspoon onion powder
-2.5 cups all purpose flour
-1 packet quick rise yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons of dry yeast)
1. Take lukewarm water and mix with yeast in bowl until dissolved
2. Put all ingredients in bowl with water and yeast and mix
3. Cover with saran wrap or a damp warm cheese cloth and place the bowl in a warm area (like on top of the fridge, etc.)
4. Let the dough rise for 10 minutes
5. After it's done rising, take dough and press into pizza pan
6. Flatten dough out, spreading to edges of pan
7. Take fork and with pointy end poke small holes in dough
8. Top with whatever toppings you'd like
9. Bake at 450* for 10-12 minutes (bottom of crust should be golden)
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.