Coushatta firefighters honored for saving homeowner's life

By Marquel Sennet |

Published 03/10 2014 05:35PM

Updated 03/10 2014 10:59PM

A local woman is alive because of quick action by first responders. During last month's ice storm a Coushatta home quickly filled with carbon monoxide.

Monday the homeowner is reunited with the firefighters who helped save her life. Juanita Raburn met with the first responders, who found high levels of carbon monoxide in her home last month.

For their heroic efforts the Red River Fire District firefighters were awarded a $5,000 dollar grant for new equipment by ADT Security. The fire chief wants to use some of the funds to purchase carbon monoxide detectors.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Top Videos

Featured Coupon


Featured Business