The new design on the www.511la.org website features live streaming video for traffic cameras, enhanced mapping and directional tools, in addition to upgraded navigational capabilities.
The new streaming video has replaced all static camera images, with the exception of those located around the U.S. 90 Greater New Orleans Bridge.
The additional website enhancements include:
- A "zoom to a place" option to quickly search for events or traffic cameras in any area of the state, even rural locations
- An option to enter start and end points, and see a list of events along their specific route
- A larger "album view" format, which allows users to scroll quickly through event and ferry information, as well as camera images
- An option to share traffic information, with the exception of traffic cameras, via email, Facebook and Twitter
- The ability to bookmark specific, regularly-accessed traffic cameras
- A "find where I am" button that allows users to geolocate themselves and see nearby events and cameras.
You can also utilize the new "Way to Geaux" application to receive real-time, around-the-clock travel alerts. The hands-free, eyes-free smartphone application can be downloaded on any iPhone or Android device by visiting the iTunes App Store, or Google Play.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.