Parker Ward announced Monday that he will run in District 11.
Here are few thoughts from Ward on Common Core:
- Common Core is bad for teachers because they will be forced to comply with standards decided upon by federal bureaucrat. This leaves little to no room for teachers to innovate to meet the unique needs of their students.
- Common Core is bad for students because it is a one size fits all education. Different students have different learning styles and it will hurt students learning and creativity.
- Common Core is bad for the Taxpayers because you have to foot the bill. It is estimated that it will cost states $300 to $800 Million a year. As your School Board Member, I will give my last breath to fight this atrocious law. Let us talk about real reform, not the allusion of reform.
- State Chairman of the Republican Liberty Caucus of Louisiana
- 2011 Graduate of Southwood High School
- 2012 Northwest Louisiana Director for Newt Gingrich for President
- Leader/ Teacher at his local Congregation of Midway Church of Christ
- National Board of Directors for Young Conservatives for America
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.