HFB officials announced Wednesday its participation in Shreveport's city-wide Affordable Housing Celebration.
The event will take place between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. Saturday, June 19 on Marjorie St. This is an opportunity for you to learn more about purchasing and financing affordable housing in the area.
President of HFB Jim Barlow said, "We are a community-minded bank, and we strive to educate local citizens on responsible home ownership in our community. Encouraging home ownership will only foster the stability and vitality of our local citizens and families."
The celebration will offer you the opportunity to tour newly constructed homes designated as affordable housing, as well as enjoy free food and live entertainment from a DJ.
You can also learn more about Shreveport's Home Buyers Assistance Program Participation Initiative. This initiative offers down payment, buy down and closing cost assistance through participating local lenders in partnership with the City of Shreveport.
The HAPPI program is designed to assist first time home buyers who have:
- An income of 80 percent or below the area median income, as determined by HUD
- Completed an approved home buyer education class
- Not owned a home or held title to a property for three years or longer
- Sufficient credit to qualify with one of the city's HAPPI approved lenders. All lenders must be HUD approved for business in the Shreveport area.
Property requirements include:
- No HUD, VA, repossessed properties or manufactured housing will be eligible for assistance
- Properties eligible for HUD mortgage insurance or a specific mortgage insurance program must meet minimum property standards. All other assisted housing not eligible for HUD mortgage insurance must meet housing quality standards.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.