The celebration will take place June 20-22 in downtown Shreveport's Festival Plaza.
The Festival will feature popular hip-hop, gospel, R&B and zydeco artists as well as food vendors and art exhibits.
The line-up for the 2014 festival includes:
- Gospel Night Explosion by Reverend Patrick Dennis - 5:30 p.m. Friday, June 20
- "Southern soul" singer T.K. Soul - 10:45 p.m. Friday, June 20
- R&B singer Bigg Robb - 9:15 p.m. Saturday, June 21
- Rap duo 8Ball & MJG - 10:30 p.m. Saturday, June 21
- New Orleans Bounce legend DJ Jubilee - 7:15 p.m. Sunday, June 22,
- Hip-hop group Jalil & Exstacy (formerly known as Whodini) - 8:30 p.m. Sunday, June 22
- R&B group Dru Hill - 10 p.m. Sunday, June 22
General admission is $10. A discounted admission fee of $5 is available until 6 p.m. Friday, June 20. Admission is free for children ages 5 and under.
A portion of the proceeds from the festival, which is presented annually by Rho Omega and Friends, Inc., will benefit Project Manhood, a mentoring program for African American males who are currently attending a public high school in Caddo Parish and are classified as a junior or senior. Through Project Manhood, these students will attend educational seminars, visit the campus of a historically-black college or university, and attend a 6-8 week ACT test preparation course.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.