New welcome signs designed, hand-painted and installed by artist Chris Opps of Bossier City are now in place at five entry points around the city.
Back in March, Opps approached Mayor Lorenz Walker with the idea for the signs and brought along a rendering of their design which is reminiscent of old post cards.
The city's old welcome signs were in need of a new look so the city commissioned Opps to create the new signs at a cost of $6,050. The signs can be found at the following locations:
- I-220 just east of the Red River Bridge
- I-20 near Louisiana Downs
- Hwy 80 just west of Hillcrest Memorial Cemetery
- Highway 3 just north of I-220
- Highway 71 at Shady Grove Dr.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.