Active duty service members and eligible family members who served in a combat or war zone are now eligible to get counseling at the facility in Shreveport, in addition to retired or honorably discharged Combat Veterans and all their eligible family members.
The Veteran Community Outreach Fairs will take place this summer in Cass, Marion and Rusk Counties.
- June 21 - at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 8535 at 1515 Whippoorwill Road; Henderson, TX. The Readjustment Counseling Services Mobile Vet Center will be on site to support the event and counseling services.
- June 28 - at the American Legion Post 10373 at 1399 Hwy 59S in Jefferson, TX.
- Aug. 8 - at the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 6968 at 1300 Club Lake Road; Linden, TX.
- Individual, group, and family readjustment counseling to assist active duty service members in making a successful transition from combat, to garrison, or civilian life.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder treatment and help with other related problems that affect functioning within the family, work, school or other areas of everyday life.
- Military sexual trauma counseling for active duty service members of both genders.
A copy of one of the following documents will meet this requirement: deployment demobilization order, enlisted record brief, officer record brief, or an award citation indicating service member served in a combat zone.
In addition to its regular operating hours 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, the Vet Center has extended hours two nights a week until 7 p.m. Monday and Tuesday.
Active duty service members or Veterans needing more information should call the Shreveport Vet Center at (318) 861-1776.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.