Here's a list of what's going on around the ArkLaTex:
- Fourth Annual Memorial Day Ride In will be held at 11 a.m. Sunday at Northwest Louisiana Veterans Cemetery. Riders meet at the southwest corner pf LA 169 and Colquitt Road. At noon the flag will be raised,. 21 gun salute and Taps will be played. All motorcycle groups, clubs, individual bike riders are welcome.
- Texarkana area Veterans Councils will hold a Memorial Day Commemoration at 2 p.m. Sunday at East Memorial Gardens on U.S. Highway 67 North, just northeast of Texarkana Regional Airport
- Hill Crest Memorial Cemetery Memorial Day Service - Thirty-Seventh annual Memorial Day Service sponsored by VFW Post #4588 will be held at 9 a.m. Monday in the Amphitheater of Hill Crest Memorial Cemetery, 602 Highway 80, Haughton, LA. The Rev. Tommy Patton will do the invocation Colors will be presented by Haughton AFJROTC cadets, and wreaths will be placed by veterans organizations, and others who want to participate in the service.
- Memorial Day Ceremony - Shreveport-Bossier Branch 98 of Fleet Reserve Association will be hold a Memorial Day Ceremony at 2 p.m. Monday at American Legion Post #14, 5315 Lakeshore Drive. .
- Second Annual Memorial Day Event - Basketball game, free haircuts, first aid/CPR class and food will be served at 10 a.m. Monday at Bossier High School Boys Gymnasium, 777 Bearkat Drive.
- Exotic Animal Race - The Second Annual Exotic Animal Races will take place beginning at 12:45 p.m. Monday at Harrah's Louisiana Downs. Ostriches, camels and zebras will race to the finish line. The other exotic animal races will take place after the second and fourth thoroughbred races of the afternoon. Beginning at noon, the children's areas will open. There will be bounce houses for the youngsters and vendors will be on the apron selling food.
- American Legion Post 25-58 will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the Miller County Courthouse, 400 Laurel Street. Following the ceremony, local military veterans will participate in the annual Memorial Day Walk from the courthouse to the Korea-Vietnam Memorial at West Seventh Street and State Line Avenue.
- The Vietnam Veterans of American Chapter 278 will hold a Memorial Day Service at 11:45 a.m. at the Korean-Vietnam Memorial at West Seventh Street and North State Line Avenue in Texarkana
- The Little River Chamber of Commerce will hold a Memorial Day celebration at noon Monday on the lawn of the Little River County Courthouse beginning at 2 p.m, Monday. Singing groups Harmony and Alien will perform. Featured speaker is Col. Tamhra Hutchins-Frye. Also participating will be the Hope Jr. ROTC, and the Little Rock Air Force Honor Guard. There also will be activities for the children.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.