The police academy, sponsored by the Bossier Sheriff's Office, has recruits from 11 law enforcement agencies in north Louisiana in NLCJA Class 012.
These recruits will train for 12 weeks to certify them as law enforcement officers. Of the 25, two will be attending the academy for the refresher training. The training will include officer survival skills, academics, weapons qualifications, physical fitness, chemical weapons and a wide-range of law enforcement training.
The academy features a driving and shooting simulator, 30-station firing range, a defense tactics training facility, tiered classrooms with state-of-the-art technology and a five-story rappelling tower.
Bossier Sheriff Julian Whittington said, "This is our 12th P.O.S.T. class since we began our academy in 2009, and the training we provide is of the highest caliber in order to effectively prepare these men and women to be law enforcement officers."
The 25 recruits for NLCJA Class 012 are from:
- Arcadia Police Department
- Bossier City Police Department
- Bossier Parish Sheriff's Office
- Bienville Parish Sheriff's Office
- LSU Health Police Department
- Minden Police Department
- Oil City Police Department
- Plain Dealing Police Department
- Union Parish Sheriff's Office
- Webster Parish Sheriff's Office
- Winn Parish Sheriff's Office
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.