You can expect to see the new rules detailed in your upcoming water bills arriving as soon as Monday.
The amendments, adopted by the City Council in April, are designed to improve the overall effectiveness of the program.
One of the most significant changes will be the way bulk items are collected. Starting July 14, bulk items will be picked up by appointment only.
Here's a quick glance at the changes:
- Collection of items such as tree limbs, furniture, appliances and tires will only be done by appointment. Residential customers must call (318) 673-6300 to schedule an appointment.
- There will be no collection from new (construction permits issued after July 14, 2014) residential developments with private driveways with inadequate access for solid waste trucks.
- There will be no collection of solid waste on vacant lots or unoccupied residences unless the property owner arranges for trash pickup.
- All solid waste collected at the curbside must be in containers, except trash collected as part of the bulk program.
- The maximum number of dark green trash carts per residence or commercial establishment is two.
- Backdoor collections for a fee for single-family homes will be discontinued.
There is no additional fee associated with the upcoming changes. For additional information visit www.shreveportla.gov.
Copyright 2016 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.