Smoke detector alerts family of fire; SPD detective injured

By Nancy Cook |

Published 07/02 2014 07:12PM

Updated 07/02 2014 07:16PM

Around 3:30 this afternoon, Shreveport firefighters were called to a residence in the 1900 block of Corbitt Street.


There were six people in the one story wood frame house when the fire alarm went off. When they checked, they saw that a bed in one of the bedrooms was on fire. They tried to put it out with a pale of water, but ultimately had to flee the home.  


An on duty Shreveport Police detective arrived on the scene first and was told someone was still inside. He when into the home, but found no one. He was transported to a local hospital for smoke inhalation and expected to be fine.

Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Top Videos

Featured Coupon