Officers conducted the undercover operation Wednesday night as part of an ongoing effort to target illegal sales of alcohol to minors. A total of eight businesses were checked for compliance with state laws.
Bhesh Bahadur Basnet, 31, who worked at the Exxon Food Mart in the 2200 block of Barksdale Blvd., was arrested by citation for unlawful sales to persons under age of 21. Also cited on the same charge was Aiban A. Ayash, 27, who worked at Cascio's Food Mart in the 2200 block of Barksdale Blvd.
Six other businesses that were checked were all in compliance and refused to sell alcohol to the underage operative. Those businesses were:
- U.S. Petro in the 5400 block of Barksdale Blvd. - in compliance.
- Food City in the 2500 block of Barksdale Blvd. - in compliance
- Global Express in the 2000 block of East Texas St. - in compliance.
- Shed Express in the 4600 block of Shed Rd. - in compliance.
- Chevron Food Mart in the 1400 block of Shed Rd. - in compliance.
- Circle K. Store in the 4600 block of East Texas St. - in compliance.
Copyright 2015 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.