KTAL NBC 6, KSHV 45, ArkLaTexHomepage.com and Thrifty Liquor have joined forces for Safety Matters: Don't Drink and Drive.
Don't Drink and Drive is a unique effort to fight drunk driving this holiday season in our community.
This important initiative is brought to you by Thrifty Liquor at Active Recovery at http://www.saveatthrifty.com/.
Did you know?
- Every two minutes, a person is injured in a drunk driving crash.
- Every day in America, another 27 people die as a result of drunk driving crashes.
- In 2015, 10,265 people died in drunk driving crashes - one every 51 minutes - and 290,000 were injured in drunk driving crashes.
- On average, two in three people will be involved in a drunk driving crash in their lifetime.
- A standard drink is defined as 12 oz. of beer, 5 oz. of wine or 1.5 oz. of distilled spirits, which contain the same amount of alcohol.
- Drunk driving costs the United States $132 billion a year.
Learn more at Mothers Against Drunk Driving. Visit their website: www.madd.org.