MEET OUR DOCTORS
Protecting your vision starts with proper vision care. Make an appointment today to consult with the best eye doctors in the area.
Dr. Carol Strain Clemons, M.D., Ph.D.
Dr. Carol Clemons is a graduate of Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. She received her Ph.D. in anatomy from Louisiana State University Medical School in Shreveport, Louisiana. Her medical training includes a medical degree from Louisiana State University Medical School in New Orleans, an internship from Ochsner Foundation Hosptial, New Orleans, Louisiana and residency from Louisiana State University Medical Center in Shreveport. Dr. Clemons completed a fellowship in cornea and external disease at Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Dr. Clemons is also board certified in ophthalmology with the American Board of Ophthalmology. Dr. Clemons was chief of ophthalmology at Schumpert Medical Center and associate clinical professor at Louisiana State University in Shreveport, Louisiana. She is a member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.
Dr. Russell H. Van Norman, III, M.D.
Dr. Russell Van Norman is a graduate of Louisiana State University. He received his medical and ophthalmology training at LSU – Medical Center and continued his education by completing a two year fellowship in Cornea and External Disease at the University of Texas Southwestern. He is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology and is currently licensed to practice medicine in the states of Louisiana and Texas. Dr. Van Norman is a member of The Shreveport Medical Society, The American Medical Association, The American Academy of Ophthalmology, and the American Society Of Cataract and Refractive Surgery and he is also an advisor to the Northwest Louisiana Lion’s Eyebank.
Dr. Mary Catherine Clemons, M.D.
Dr Mary Catherine Clemons has recently joined the practice and is a graduate of Louisiana State University Medical School in Shreveport. She received fellowship training for Oculoplastics and Neuro-Ophthalmology at UT Southwestern in Dallas. She specializes in lid surgery such as droopy lids, tearing, and lid lesions.
Our team of highly trained and qualified eye doctors/surgeons believe in a team approach to vision care for all patients…
• Routine eye exam
• Contact eye exam
• Corneal and external eye exam
• Disease exam
• Glaucoma exam
• Pediatric eye exam
• Refractive surgery evaluation
• Retina exam
• Macular degeneration
- • Cosmetic Eyelid Surgery (Oculoplastic) – droopy upper eyelids, eyelids that turn inward or outward, weakness around the lids, tear duct problems, eye injuries, birth defects, excess upper lid skin, bulging lower lids, and “fallen” eyebrows.
- • Cataract Surgery – can be removed in as little as 30 minutes.
- • Cornea Surgery – treats various abnormalities, trauma or disease; quick and painless. FIRST in the area to perform techniques to stop the progression of cornea diseases.
- • Glaucoma Surgery – surgery can help maintain vision for those with glaucoma.
- • LASIK Eye Surgery – uses non-invasive laser techniques that help improve eyesight, including astigmatism.
NEED EYEGLASSES OR CONTACT LENSES?
Look no further…
- • Best designer eyewear and frames in stock.
- • Wide range of products, including sunglasses.
- • All types of contact lenses, including gas permeable, multifocal, and toric.