The couple found deceased in a southwest Shreveport home Christmas morning has been identified.
They are Robert T. Phillips, 41, and Amie M Duck, 38, according to Dr. Todd Thoma, Caddo Parish Coroner. Not other information was made available at this time.
Shreveport police found the couple, after responding to a welfare call at a residence at 3513 Baywood Drive in Shreveport. Police then notified the Caddo Parish Coroner's Office.
The initial evaluation of the scene revealed two decedents in the bedroom of the house. A gas powered generator was found in the kitchen with an extension cord extending to an electric space heater in the bedroom. Exhaust fumes had filled the home.
Evaluation of the scene showed no evidence of foul play, and the decedents were sent to LSU Health Sciences Center for autopsy. Preliminary autopsy results are consistent with carbon monoxide poisoning.
The coroner said the final cause of death, including time, manner and cause of death will be released after the investigation is complete. Final autopsy results, including toxicology, are required for completion.