ArkLaTex
93°F

SFD makes quick work of BTW fire

A fire at a local high school this afternoon was put out quickly after Shreveport Fire Fighters arrived.

A fire at a local high school this afternoon was put out quickly after Shreveport Fire Fighters arrived.

 

At 2:30, Shreveport firefighters were called to the 2300 block of Milam where they found light smoke coming from the windows and doors at Booker T. Washington High School.

 

Inside, they found heavy black smoke and some and some small smoldering fires, which they quickly extinguished.

 

Firefighters interviewed a contractor at the scene who said in the process of using a solution to strip the floors, the buffer they were using sparked, causing the solution to ignite.

 

One of the contract employees received minor burns on his legs and was treated at the scene. There were no students in classrooms, however there were 13 in the gymnasium.

 

Page: [[$index + 1]]
comments powered by Disqus

This Just In