KRMD 15 MINUTES OF FAME
Official Promotional Rules
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station KRMD owned and operated by Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, 270 Plaza Loop Bossier City, LA 71111, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
KRMD 15 MINUTES OF FAME:ON AIR (the “Contest) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
1. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
2. Only legal U.S. residents with a valid Social Security number at the time of entry are eligible to participate in Station contests. Employees, agents, representatives, or affiliates of the Station, Cumulus Broadcasting LLC (“CB, LLC”), Cavender’s and their respective affiliates, participating sponsors, and their immediate family members and household members are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others. This also includes all Discover Card employees and families.
3. An individual may win an on-going contest only once per six-month period unless otherwise specifically stated. An individual may win other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest.
4. The contest will begin on WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2013 and will run through SATURDAY,
SEPTEMBER 26, 2013 (the “Contest Period”)
5. A winner will be chosen by judges’ scorecards at the end of the KRMD 15 MINUTES OF FAME: ON AIR
6. One grand prize will be awarded. The grand prize package includes THE OPPORTUNITY FOR THE WINNER TO CO HOST WITH FOX FROM THE HILLARY AND FOX MORNING SHOW ON KRMD AND A PAIR OF TICKETS TO SEE KEITH URBAN.
7. Total grand prize package is valued at $0.00.
8. ENTRY PROCEDURE: You must complete the registration form and submit your 30 second video clip on KRMD’s facebook page before the deadline date, Wednesday, October 23, 2013.
9. All contestants must be 18 years or older before Tuesday, September 17, 2013.
10. WINNERS MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN CONTEST FOR 15 MINUTES OF FAME:ON AIR AND FOR THE KEITH URBAN CONCERT TICKETS
11. DISPUTES: The sponsoring radio station (KRMD) is authorized to resolve all disputes at their competition. Cumulus Broadcasting, LLC is the sole authority in resolving all disputes at the state, regional, and national level competitions and to disqualify any contestant at any level of the contest for failure to comply with the rules and regulations including errors and omissions. CB, LLC decisions are final.
12. PERFORMANCE: The following applies to any Showdown contest:
a. Each act entered in the Showdown must perform only with the personnel listed on Sections 1 and 2 of the Entry Form. No personnel changes or substitutions will be permitted once local competition has produced. Once an individual withdraws from an act at any level of the Showdown, he/she cannot perform at the next level.
b. Individuals may perform with only one act during any local Showdown
c. KRMD may, at its discretion, provide a backup band for acts requiring instrumental support or allow contestants’ pre-recorded music.
d. No live “backup band” vocals are allowed. Neither the backup band nor any of its members is permitted to compete in the Showdown in which they are the backup band.
e. Each act must perform live, vocally and/or instrumentally. No special lighting, props, or special effects may be used.
f. The amount of performance time given to each local contestant will be determined by KRMD.
g. All performances must be done in good taste: no music or lyrics that the radio station (KRMD) or CB, LLC considers to be offensive may be performed.
h. Age restrictions will be at the discretion of the radio station (KRMD) and/or its venue.
i. Contestants may perform their own music and receive extra bonus points from the judges. Music eligible for bonus points will be defined as any piece of music written or co-written by the contestant (either individual or member of group). Any contestant (either individual or member of group) who claims to be using his/her own music may be disqualified at any level of the contest at the discretion of CB, LLC if a musical copyright for the music exists which does not name the contestant at author or co-author.
j. Acceptable documentation to prove ownership of your music shall include either a certificate of copyright, proof of song registration with BMI, ASCAP, etc., or a notarized copy of the music.
k. Performances will be awarded 1-10 points in each of the following categories: 1) Marketability on the KRMD Hillary and Fox Morning Show; 2) Vocal ability; 3) Originality; 4) Stage Presence/charisma; 5) Talent. An optional bonus of up to three points may be awarded for creativity.
l. In the event of a tie, the first tie-breaker shall be the highest number of points given in the Talent category. The second tie-breaker shall be the highest number of points awarded in the Marketability category. The third tie-breaker shall be by secret vote of the judges based on overall performance style and impact.
13. LOCAL CONTEST PRIZE: The only official prize offered is the opportunity for the winner to be an on air personality with Fox from Hillary and Fox and a pair of tickets to see Keith Urban. Contestants must pay their own expenses during the competition at the local, state, and regional levels. In signing the Entry Form, the contestant acknowledges that neither CB, LLC nor Cavender’s is responsible for any prizes promised.
14. PROMOTIONAL AUTHORIZATION: By submitting an Entry Form, the act (and each individual member thereof) grants CB, LLC and Cavender’s the right to utilize the act’s (and each individual member’s thereof) name, likeness, image, voice, appearance, and performance in perpetuity worldwide for advertising, trade or any other lawful promotional purposes whatsoever, in any and all media now known or thereafter developed, with compensation. I/we also grant CB, LLC and Cavender’s the right to broadcast, market, sell and otherwise distribute my name, image, likeness, voice, appearance, and performance, either in whole or in parts for commercial, non-commercial television, close-circuit exhibition, home video distribution, internet or any other purpose CB, LLC and Cavender’s, in their sole discretion my determine. I/we hereby give all clearance, copyright or otherwise, for the use of my name, likeness, image, voice, appearance and performance embodied in my/our performance/stage presentation.
15. ASSUMPTION OF RISK: By submitting the Entry Form and video, the act (and each individual member thereof) assumes all risks of property damage or bodily injury (including death) that might occur during the 10 MINUTES OF FAME: ON AIR events. The act (and each individual member thereof) agrees not to bring against Cavender’s for any claim for property damage or bodily injury (including death) that might occur during this contest.
16. GOOD CHARACTER: The act agrees that it may be disqualified immediately from any level of competition if the act (or any member thereof) commits any act or becomes involved in any situation that would adversely reflect on the Showdown or any party furnishing a prize, or tend to bring it or or that party into public disrepute.
17. ELIGIBILITY: Submit any questions regarding eligibility to CB, LLC.
a. I am/we are not an act with over seven individuals.
b. I am/we are not an owner, controlling stockholder or employee of and I am/we are not related by birth or marriage, nor do I/we live in the same household as anyone from the radio station (KRMD) sponsoring Cavender’s (or any national sponsor), CB, LLC, or any employee, controlling stockholder, owner, officer or agent of any of the foregoing parties.
18. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
19. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged. No substitute prize will be awarded to a winner who declines to accept a prize.
20. Odds of winning depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received.
21. Neither the Station nor Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives shall be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof as described herein.
22. All entrants and winners agree that the Station, Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, and their parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the use or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
23. All prizes must be claimed in person at the Station at the address identified above during regular business hours and within ten (10) business days of winning, excluding holidays. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to Cumulus Broadcasting LLC to be disposed of at its discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize.
24. Proper identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving the prize, any potential winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing the Station, Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, and employees from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest, acceptance, and use or non-use of the prize.
25. All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of the Station and Cumulus Broadcasting LLC to be used, disposed of or destroyed in their sole discretion. The Station and Cumulus Broadcasting LLC are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information entered by website users, and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Station’s website.
26. All entrants and winners agree to give the Station and Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, and their licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish my name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Station deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to save harmless Cumulus Broadcasting LLC and its parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from any and all claims they may have against the Station or Cumulus Broadcasting LLC in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live. All winners further acknowledge that Cumulus Broadcasting LLC owns or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to Cumulus Broadcasting LLC.
27. By participating in the Contest, each participant agrees to receive email communications from the Station regarding Station events and contests. Any participant that opts-out of these mailings will also remove themselves from the contest. By participating in the Contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Station may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
28. By participating in the Contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Station personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Station will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the Station’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Station, the Station reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as the Station deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Station are final. The Station may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, STATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
29. The Station reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
30. The Station reserves the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win their prize.
31. A winners list may be obtained after Dec. 28th,2013, by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the following address:
PO Box 5459
Bossier City, LA 71111
23. Participating Sponsors are:
Cumulus Broadcasting (KRMD)
Cavender’s Western Wear
Copyright 2013 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.