The HBCU Combine is in Shreveport Saturday, June 16th! The event is a exciting one day training experience featuring give HBCU danceline styles.
The goal is to provide a positive atmosphere for each dancer to help them boost their self-esteem and raise their confidence while preparing them for the next level of dance.
The workshop is perfect for the experienced dancer as well as aspiring dancers who have little to no experience. It’s packed with valuable information to enhance ones dancing abilities from hot new choreography, marching & prancing, stunts and technique. Young dancers are encouraged to learn the importance of great sportsmanship, positive attitudes and strong work ethic.
There will be six HBCU Dance Styles:
- Alabama State University – Stingettes
- Alcorn State University – Golden Girls
- Grambling State University – Orchesis Dance Company
- Jackson State University – Prancing J-Settes
- Prairie View A&M University – Legendary Black Foxes
- Southern University – Dancing Dolls
Training Classes include the following:
- Stretching – Strength and Conditioning techniques
- Proper Technique and Execution
- Marching and Parade Techniques
- Field show and Stands Techniques
- Audition Prep
Camp Date and Time: Dates: June 16, 2018 Training: 8am- 4pm Day
Range : * 6-22yrs old (Participant must be 6 old by June 16, 2018.)
* Open to Female and Male Participants”
What to Wear : * School/Team tshirt * White Shirt
* Black Leggings, Briefs or Shorts
* Tights must be worn with all Dance Shorts
* Jazz Shoes or Tennis Shoes
What to Bring : * Water Bottle * Hat * Small Towel
* Any Medical Supplies (i.e. inhalers, epi pens, etc.)
*Lunch is not included in registration fee.
~Lunch Concessions will be available~
Lodging & Transportation:
* This is a DAY camp. Hotel Lodging and Transportation to/from camp are NOT included in the registration.
* REGISTRATION HAS BEEN EXTENDED. You can register at the door.
For more information, click <<<HERE.>>>