SHREVEPORT, La. (KTAL/KMSS) — The “Women of Vision” at Mt. Olive Baptist Church in Shreveport will be hosting a virtual COVID-19 Stay Safe Resource Health Fair on Saturday, August 8.
According to the local church, the purpose of the virtual health fair is to educate and update participants concerning pertinent issues on safety and resources available.
The health fair will consist of:
- Proper use of PPE
- Medicare and Medicaid
- Cohesiveness between police and citizens
- Voter registration
- Hand sanitizer and masks
The speakers at the event will be Chandra King (Ochsner St. Mary(, Sergeant Lifford Jackson (Caddo Parish Sheriff’s Office), Rhonda Winbush, Cherly Young, and Raven Mourning (Medicare & Medicaid), Washington & Smith Paradise Funeral Home (Pre-Need Arrangements), and Zeta Phi Beta Sorority Inc. & Zeta Iota Zeta Chapter (Voter’s Registration).
Hand sanitizer and masks will be given away will supplies last.
- AP source: Gruden, Payton fined for not wearing masks
- Governor Hutchinson announces Halloween will not be canceled
- 20,000 American flags placed near White House to remember lives lost to coronavirus
- Gov. Edwards: Public emergency declarations by committee ‘not a workable scenario’
- Coronavirus in Ark.: Gov. Hutchinson announces additional 486 confirmed, 112 probable COVID-19 cases Tuesday