New Chief appointed for Nashville Police Department

Salute the Badge

Nashville, Arkansas has a new police chief.  Amy Marion is the department’s first female leader.

Marion’s career began at the Howard County Sheriff’s Office in 1995.  “I remember dispatching and thinking that I wanted to be out there instead of behind the desk and behind the radio,” she said.

It wasn’t long before she achieved that goal at the Nashville Police Department.  To her, being an officer is more than just tackling crime and making arrests.  Marion said, “I love the interaction with people.  All different kinds of people, and being able to help and assist them in every way.”

Services her department provides including a program where officers regularly check on the area’s elderly that live alone.  “This is mainly for ones that aren’t in the nursing home and that don’t have family here.  It’s so we can be their family and check in on them and help out,” Marion said.

Marion took the reigns of the department on January first.  She calls leading the staff of sixteen an honor.  She plans to maintain the level of service she said makes her community a great place to live.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Salute the Badge Banquet 2019 Photo Gallery

Don't Miss

Stay Connected – Stay Connected