(CNN) – A powerful, heart-stopping PSA has been released on Wednesday morning by Sandy Hook Promise, a non-profit organization that formed after the deadly mass shooting at a Connecticut elementary school in 2012.
The terrifying events happen at alarming rates across the country and this new ad is aimed at raising awareness for signs of violence in children in hopes of leading to an end to deadly school shootings.
The PSA shows kids sporting ordinary back-to-school items as a shooting unfolds and they have to protect themselves.
According to their website, Sandy Hook Promise provides programs and practices to protect children from gun violence.
26 people, including 20 children, were shot and killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut in December 2012.
Learn more about the organization hoping to prevent future tragedies at SandyHook.
- Here’s how the Electoral College works
- After the US’s worst week of COVID-19 cases, here’s where your state stands
- Watch out for these popular, but untrue stories from social media this past week
- Democrats cancel Central Texas event after Trump supporters surround, follow Biden bus on I-35
- Natchitoches man dies in Red River Parish crash