BATON ROUGE, La. (BRPROUD/KTAL) — Shreveport is among eight cities statewide hosting a job fair Wednesday as part of the Louisiana Workforce Commission’s “Back to Work Louisiana” campaign.
More than 500 employers representing more than 14,000 jobs have registered for the job fairs across the state, according to the LWC. The job fair in Shreveport will be held at the Shreveport Convention Center from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
The job fairs in other cities will be held at the following locations and times:
- Baton Rouge — Raising Cane’s River Center from 9 a.m. to noon
- Alexandria — Randolph Riverfront Center from 9 a.m. to noon
- Houma — Municipal Auditorium from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Lafayette — Cajun Dome Convention Center from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Lake Charles — Civic Center from 9 a.m. to noon
- Monroe — Monroe Civic Center from 9 a.m. to noon
- New Orleans — Ernest Morial Convention Center from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; job seekers should arrive by 1 p.m.
Masks will be required for all attendees, and temperatures will be taken at the door.
The LWC has partnered with the Louisiana Department of Health to provide free COVID-19 vaccines at every job fair location.
For more information on the job fairs, click here.