(CNN & WIAT) Thermometers are hard to come by these days, and it could get worse.
Thermometer manufacturers and distributors say the devices were already in high demand earlier this year when health care providers started ordering more to scan COVID-19 patients. But now, companies who will require temperature checks are also buying the devices in mass bundles.
Marc Blustein, CEO of American Diagnostic Corporation, one of the nation’s largest thermometer manufacturers, said demand is up 900% for his company’s “non-contact” thermometers.
Multiple medical suppliers said the added customers have put a strain on the thermometer supply chain because they simply can not make enough right now.
- Kansas City woman using TikTok to rate Chiefs players’ swagger, fashion
- LDH data show presumed recoveries outpacing new cases for first time since December
- Smart home tech is getting even smarter
- Apple urges users to install security upgrade to iPhones, iPads
- Amanda Gorman to recite poem at Super Bowl pregame ceremony