This interactive database created by WAVY.com reflects the approximate number of coronavirus tests conducted in each state in the United States to date.
The numbers in this data set are approximate and are based on current public information.
The data is collected directly from each state’s official department of health website.
Louisiana has the third-highest per-capita rate of confirmed infection, Gov. John Bel Edwards said in a prime-time broadcast Monday night about Louisiana’s response to the coronavirus. He’s warned the outbreak is spreading so rapidly that Louisiana is on a trajectory similar to Italy’s, with health care facilities at risk of being overwhelmed within the next week.
The coronavirus pandemic is an evolving crisis. This database will be updated around 5 p.m. every day to keep the numbers as accurate as possible.
- CPSO deputy donates his plasma to other COVID-19 patients in Louisiana
- Local essential business practicing social distancing to keep customers safe
- Louisiana awaits more ventilators as cases rise sharply
- Caddo Parish and Bossier Parish Sheriffs order all deputies to wear masks and gloves
- Trump says ‘toughest’ weeks ahead as coronavirus spreads