(KTAL/KMSS) – Now that kids are back in school and more COVID-19 cases are being reported among young people, parents have many questions about what to watch for and how to protect their children.
We talked to Dr. John Vanchiere, Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine at LSU Health Shreveport, to get some answers.
Here are the questions answered in the video:
- What can parents do to protect their children that are not old enough to be vaccinated?
- At what age can children be vaccinated?
- Is it ok to send your kids to school?
- Are anti-body treatments available for children?
- Your child tests positive. Now what?
- When should parents be concerned?
- When will a vaccine for younger children be available?
- What can adults do to protect children?