JEFFERSON, Texas (KTAL/KSHV) – An additional five COVID-19 cases have been reported in Marion County, Texas, according to Marion County Judge Leward LaFleur.
That brings Marion County’s total up to 34, with 13 active cases, 20 recovered cases and one death.
Health care providers and epidemiologists will remain in contact with the county’s newest victim of the virus, as well as with anyone who interacted with this individual if they believe they may be at risk of infection.
Marion County residents are reminded to continue to practice healthy, sanitary habits including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60 percent alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.