BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – Health experts are pushing people to get the flu vaccine even more this year because of COVID-19.
“There’s the coronavirus going around and every year I try to get a flu shot. I’ve actually never had the flu,” said Tanya Hill who received her flu vaccine.
Doctors said the flu weakens the immune system and increases your chances of contracting the virus.
“We actually encourage vaccines. I have three sons. They’re all grown at this moment and they’ve all been vaccinated. I’m vaccinated and I believe in vaccines,” said Denise London with the Louisiana Department of Health.
- Arnold Palmer Invitational best bets highlighted by former U-High Cub
- Can’t find the Amazon app icon on your phone? That’s because it got a makeover
- ‘Symbol of hatred’: No charges after KKK flag hangs next door to Black family’s home
- Sunshine and warmer temperatures return Wednesday and Thursday
- Proposed overhaul of Arkansas Medicaid expansion unveiled