BATON ROUGE, La (BRPROUD) – Health experts are pushing people to get the flu vaccine even more this year because of COVID-19.
“There’s the coronavirus going around and every year I try to get a flu shot. I’ve actually never had the flu,” said Tanya Hill who received her flu vaccine.
Doctors said the flu weakens the immune system and increases your chances of contracting the virus.
“We actually encourage vaccines. I have three sons. They’re all grown at this moment and they’ve all been vaccinated. I’m vaccinated and I believe in vaccines,” said Denise London with the Louisiana Department of Health.
- Salute The Badge: Director Martha Bryant
- NSU students receives an international scholarship after her study abroad program was cut short due to COVID-19
- Home where Mister Rogers once lived goes up for sale
- Democrats to unveil bill to expand US Supreme Court by four justices
- Video: Driver smashes through traffic arm, jumps Florida drawbridge