It can be difficult to think about cancer and your pets, but early detection is key to getting your pet the life saving treatment he or she would need.
Here are 10 early warning signs to look out for according to University Veterinary Hospital (UVH):
1. Enlarged or changing lumps and bumps
2. Sores that do not heal
3. Chronic weight loss or weight gain
4. Change in appetite, especially loss of appetite
5. A persistent cough
6. Persistent limping or stiffness
7. Unpleasant odor from the mouth or another body area
8. Difficulty breathing, eating or swallowing
9. Difficulty urinating or defecating
10. Bleeding or discharge from any opening
If you notice any of these symptoms, please see your veterinarian for further evaluation or contact UVH.
For more information, head to to the UVH blog by clicking <<< HERE.>>>