Bastrop – Early this morning, just after 2:50 a.m., Troopers from Louisiana State Police Troop F began investigating a single-vehicle fatal crash just north of Bastrop on Cut Off Road.
The initial investigation by State Police revealed the crash occurred as a 2005 Honda Foreman ATV, driven by 58-year-old Jacky K. McMullan, was traveling northbound on Cut Off Road.
For reasons still under investigation, the ATV traveled off the right side of the road and impacted a culvert.
After impact with the culvert, the ATV began to overturn.
McMullan, who was not wearing a helmet, was ejected from the ATV.
McMullan was pronounced dead at the scene by the Morehouse Parish Coroner’s Office.
A toxicology sample was obtained and will be submitted for analysis.
This crash remains under investigation.
The public is reminded that it is dangerous and illegal to operate off-road vehicles (i.e. three-wheelers, four-wheelers, and other all-terrain vehicles) on any public roadway in this state.
In 2020, Troop F has investigated 13 fatal crashes resulting in 14 deaths.
- Two school systems are giving back to the community with Salvation Army Red Kettle Challenge
- Watch Live: President Trump rallies in Georgia for Senate runoffs
- Fox 33’s Today’s Hero: Anthony Price Gold Star Ride Foundation
- Helicopter crashes as Texarkana men leave church services in Marietta, Texas
- 3 Keys to the upset vs Alabama