FOX21 — A new challenge has popped up on social media in honor of beloved late actress Betty White and her love for animals.
White, who passed away at age 99 just weeks before her 100th birthday, was not only known for her acting career but also for her dedication to animal advocacy.
Now, in honor of her upcoming birthday on Jan. 17, fans across the world plan to donate $5 to animal shelters of their choice. The trend has been dubbed as the “BettyWhiteChallenge.”
According to Bloomberg, White served as a board member of the Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association and trustee of the Morris Animal Foundation since the ’70s.
Some of the animal shelters available in our area are:
- Caddo Parish Animal Shelter
- Humane Society of Northwest Louisiana
- Port City Cat Rescue
- Shreveport Bossier Animal Rescue
- Pet Savers Shelter
- Animal Welfare Inc
- Bossier City Animal Control
- Guardians of Rescue Ark-La-Tex
- Saved By Grace Animal Rescue
- Nova’s Heart
- Hand In Paw Friends-Bossier
- Robinson’s Rescue Spay-Neuter
- Ark La Tex Horse Rescue
- Steve’s Snaketuary
- Marshall Pet Adoption Center & Animal Control
- Three Little Pigs Cavy Haven
- De Soto Parish Animal Services
- Webster Humane Association, Inc.