LITTLE ROCK, Ark. (KNWA/KFTA) — The Arkansas Department of Health released their first flu report for 2021 and reported an additional flu death for the week.
According to the report, for the week of January 3-9, an additional flu-related death was reported.
Nine people have died since the beginning of flu season on September 27, 2020.
For Week 1, Arkansas reported “Minimal” or 2 out of 13 for Influenza-Like-Illness (ILI) activity level indicator.
Since September 27, 1,150 positive influenza tests have been reported to the ADH online database by health care providers.
- Shooting outside Shreveport liquor store leaves 1 seriously injured
- Protests after video shows police car driving through crowd of pedestrians in Washington state
- Senate Republican leader McConnell offers support for power-sharing deal with Democrats
- Health authorities say Texarkana flu cases are lower this season
- Tigers travel to Texas A&M for Tuesday tilt