LITTLE ROCK (KLRT) – With an increase of 2,467 new cases in a 24-hour period Governor Hutchinson urges Arkansans to continue wearing masks and keep social distancing.
The Arkansas Department of Health reported 2,467 new cases for a total of 262,020 cases. 25,095 active cases were reported.
There are 1,362 hospitalized in the state, which is up to eight from Tuesday. 255 on ventilators, which is up 4 from Tuesday. 65 deaths were added today, for a total of 4,186 deaths.
The Health Department reported the top counties for new cases:
Governor Hutchinson released the following statement on today’s COVID-19 numbers:
“We continue to see the devastating results of COVID-19 across Arkansas. We lost an additional 65 Arkansans yesterday. Our efforts to wear a mask, keep our distance, and wash our hands frequently must remain steady as we continue to distribute vaccine doses across the state.”Governor Asa Hutchinson
- Forced to wait in Mexico, asylum-seekers make video pleading with President Biden
- Marion Co. judge confirms 20th COVID-19 death, over 30 new positive cases
- The heartwarming story behind Bernie Sanders’ iconic Inauguration mittens
- Packers, Chiefs favorites heading into championship games
- Louisiana advocate for ex-inmates pardoned by Trump