NEWPORT, Ark.- The plea and arraignment hearing for a man accused of kidnapping and killing a woman who was jogging has been continued.
Quake Lewellyn’s hearing is now scheduled for February 16, 2021.
Lewellyn’s plea and arraignment was previously scheduled to happen Thursday.
Lewellyn is charged with capital murder, rape and abuse of a corpse in connection to Sutherland’s death.
According to authorities, Lewellyn admitted during an interview he saw Sutherland jogging on August 19, the day she disappeared.
According to an affidavit, Lewellyn admitted on August 21 he hit Sutherland with his vehicle, raped and buried her.
- LSU falls vs St Louis in second game of season
- Saints tackle Armstead on COVID-19 list, out vs Broncos
- Cold rain is expected for the ArkLaTex tonight and Sunday
- Caddo coroner releases name of 10-year-old boy killed in crash near Centenary College
- Two people killed in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall