IDABEL, Okla. (KTAL/KMSS) — Two Oklahoma men are facing murder charges after a dispute between them led to a shooting that claimed the life of an Idabel woman Monday.
According to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, 23-year-old William Wright and 25-year-old Jordan Bryant were arrested in the shooting death of Stephanie Iglehart.
Authorities say the fatal shooting happened on Monday, January 4 at the Booker T. Washington Park. The Idabel Police Department received a call for assistance from OSBI in regard to a shooting.
When officers arrived at the scene, they learned that Wright went to the park with his girlfriend, Iglehart, to confront and fight Bryant. Iglehart and Bryant were previously arguing on social media because she believed that he had stolen from her house.
During the altercation, Wright and Bryant began shooting at each other, and Iglehart was wounded in the crossfire. She was taken to McCurtain Memorial Hospital where she later died from her injuries.
Wright and Bryant were taken to the McCurtain County Jail and their charges will be determined by the District Attorneys Office.
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief
- Missed opportunities doom Mudbugs in OT loss
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- UPDATE: Shreveport man arrested in connection to South Lakeshore shooting
- Live update: Lots of rain on the way in the week ahead with up and down temperatures