Day care death: baby chokes on pine cone

News

(WRAL) – The operating license for a Raleigh, North Carolina day care center has been suspended, pending an investigation, after a 10-month-old boy choked on a pine cone and died at the facility Wednesday morning, authorities said.

Helena Harris said she dropped her grandson, Areon Ellington, off at the center on Wednesday, but a few hours later, she received a phone call.

“The day care lady called me and told me that I needed to get to the day care because Areon was choking on something,” Harris said, adding that she is heartbroken and left with many questions.

“He was my heart, my heart. He was our get up and go,” she said. “He was, through our struggles, what was bonding us together.”

Read more: http://bit.ly/2HMNAJ6

Stay up to date with the latest news and weather by downloading the Arklatexhomepage News App from the App Store or Google Play.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

More Check This Out

Trending Stories

Loving Living Local 600x600

Don't Miss