WEST MONROE, La. (KTVE/KARD) — It’s almost time to cast your ballot in the 2020 election, while many people are focused on the presidential candidates, there are some proposed changes to the Louisiana constitution and changes in a few parishes.
While amendments to the constitution are important, they can be difficult to understand.
We have done some of the legwork for you on what each measure on the ballot means. Click the links below to explore for detailed explanations.
- Amendment 1: No Right to Abortion in Constitution
- Amendment 2: Include Oil and Gas Value in Tax Assessment of Wells
- Amendment 3: Use of Budget Stabilization Fund for Declared Disasters
- Amendment 4: Expenditures Limit Growth Formula
- Amendment 5: Payments in Lieu of Property Taxes Option
- Amendment 6: Homestead Exemption Special Assessment Income Limit
- Amendment 7: Unclaimed Property Permanent Trust Fund
- Proposition: Louisiana Sports Betting Parish Measures