BATON ROUGE (KTAL/KMSS) – The President of the United States shared his thoughts late Saturday night on the results of the governor’s race, which is headed for a runoff after Democratic incumbent Gov. John Bel Edwards was unable to top 50% of the vote in the six-candidate field.
Trump praised the outcome of Saturday’s election and took credit for keeping Edwards from a primary victory, saying in a tweet: “The Governor of Louisiana, John Bel Edwards, has done a poor job. NOW HE IS IN A RUNOFF WITH A GREAT REPUBLICAN, @EddieRispone. Thank you Louisiana!” He said Edwards’ support fell “after I explained what a bad job the Governor was doing.”
The runoff is scheduled for November 16.
- Ex-Pence adviser says Trump bungled virus; she’s for Biden
- Average of the polls: Latest numbers in the Trump-Biden 2020 election
- Donald Trump Jr. expected to make appearance at Republican party fundraiser in Bossier City
- Pres. Trump, Joe Biden address coronavirus and plans for vaccine rollout
- Biden says he trusts scientists, not Trump