SHREVEPORT, La. (KTAL/KMSS) – Tonight Shreveport Mayor Adrian Perkins will kick off a series of community meetings on the $186 million bond proposal.
The Shreveport City Council voted earlier this month to put the proposal on the November 16 ballot.
The proposal was recommended by the Citizens’ Bond Committee, which included 16 volunteers of whom the Mayor and each City Councilperson appointed two members.
The community meetings will be held from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the following park recreation centers and local church on the respective dates:
- Thursday, Aug. 22 – Southern Hills 1002 W. Bert Kouns
- Thursday, Aug. 29 – Broadmoor Presbyterian Church 1915 Grover Place
- Thursday, Sept. 5 – Mamie Hicks 200 Mayfair St.
- Thursday, Sept. 12 – Valencia 1800 Viking Dr.
- Thursday, Sept. 26 – Airport Park 6500 Kennedy Dr.
- Thursday, Oct. 10 – A.B. Palmer 547 E. 79th St.
- Thursday, Oct. 17 – Bilberry 1902 Alabama Ave.
Click here to get detailed information on the bonds.