Governor John Bel Edwards is throwing his name into the hat again and running for re-election.
Gov. Edwards made the announcement in a video in which he states “how far Louisiana has come under his leadership, from record budget deficits and a weak economy to budget surpluses and the largest economic development projects and largest GDP in Louisiana history.”
JohnBelforLouisiana provided a rundown of the governor’s accomplishments since 2016:
- Passed a bipartisan budget compromise that took us from record deficits to surpluses and stable funding for our critical priorities.
- Secured more than 100 major economic development projects, nearly 30,000 new jobs, and $30.7 billion worth of capital investments.
- Had 15 straight months of year-over-year job growth, with an economy that’s larger than ever before.
- Expanded Medicaid to 480,000 working Louisianans, cutting the uninsured rate in half, keeping rural hospitals open, and saving lives.
- Brought together law enforcement, the faith community, Republicans and Democrats to pass a package of bipartisan criminal justice reform laws used as a model by President Trump.
Click here for more