Big box stores offer convenience and low prices, but buying locally produced goods may give you and your neighbors an even bigger payoff.
When a consumer buys local, significantly more of that money stays in the community.
That’s why an exciting shopping experience is back for a third year.
Tickets are on sale now for the 3rd Annual Tinsel 2017 Presented by ANECA!
It’s Shreveport’s most unique holiday shopping experience and it takes place Friday December 1, from 5-9pm. Tinsel shoppers are chauffeured to multiple stops along Line Avenue, shopping in the area’s most popular stores, in a private after-hours environment. Participating stores offer a variety of complimentary food, beverage, entertainment, and discounts to Tinsel shoppers. The evening ends at the official Tinsel After party.
Patrons can buy tickets and retailers can sign up to participate here: www.TinselShreveport.com
Tinsel ticket includes: private transportation, after-hours access to all participating retailers; food, beverage, and exclusive discounts provided by the retailers; and access to the after party including complimentary food and wine.
As the exclusive transportation provider, iShuttle busses, vans, and trolleys will move Tinsel patrons throughout the Line Avenue corridor in a safe, comfortable, and timely manner.
Here is the official retailers shopping guide:
STOP 1 – Superior’s Steakhouse / Towne Oak Square
• M. Clothes/Shoes/Lifestyle – Sip champagne & enjoy live music by Victoria Wells. Ponchos regular $48, Tinsel only special price $38.
• Couleur Boutique – Serving wine & hors d’oeuvres, and everyone receives 20% off coupon (can be redeemed within 7days of Tinsel).
• Chez Rivage Boutique – paying tax on ALL goods sold, and first 12 customers receive FREE pair of BCBG Maxazria earrings ($48 value). PicEnvy, LLC. photo booth available for free photo strip; wine, homemade chicken salad, and cookies available to all shoppers.
• Please & Thank You Paper Co. – holding 3 drawings during the evening for personalized stationery. Several 2018 calendars will be on sale, and will be serving wine and snacks.
STOP 2 – Evangeline Square
• John Pickens Clothiers – live music from Easy Money, discounts, live drawings, & giveaways. Food by Now You’re Cooking’s Melissa Stewart.
• Jac Clothing – 20% off your entire purchase, register to win $50 gift card with any purchase, sweets and champagne for Tinsel shoppers.
• Luv 2 Shoppe – 20% off all merchandise, serving wine & cheese, and offering to deliver your bags to your vehicle after Tinsel.
• Lindsey Pennington, M.D. Facial Plastics – Buttercups Cupcakes and champagne, $25 instant savings to first 24 who purchase SkinMedica product; $25 credit on $250 gift certificate purchase; first 15 to schedule Botox get free SkinMedica gift; first 10 to schedule filler get $50 gift certificate.
STOP 3 – Pierremont Common
• The Village Washstand – music by T.D. McMurry and Rhino hot chocolate; free catstudio holiday towel with purchase of $50.
• La Bambolina Boutique – register to win $100 gift certificate.
• Briggs and Company HOME – serving wine & snacks, several discounted items for Tinsel shoppers.
• Fancy Pantz and Moore Resale Boutique – 10% everything in store; register to win $100 gift certificate; wine and snacks.
STOP 4 – South Highland Village
• Chateau en Mae – 20% off all clothing; 10% off all home interiors, accessories, and gifts; spend $150 for chance to win $150 gift certificate; serving wine, champagne, and catering by Maxwell’s Market.
• Taziki’s Mediterranean Cafe – Christmas music by Marcie Ellen Duplantis; hourly drawings for Dinner for 4 (6pm), Date Night Dinner for 2 (7pm), $100 catering certificate (8pm); 10% of night’s total sales donated to Holy Angels. ½ price appetizers, $3 wine by the glass, and $2 draft beer.
STOP 5 – Pierremont Mall / Rhino Coffee
• Rhino Coffee – Handmade Holiday at Rhino Coffee UTWN featuring 20+ popup shops
• Pretenses – buy one get one 30% off, serving food and drinks.
• McGregor’s Garden – Free gift with every purchase, drawing for basket valued at $300, serving Hot Ruby Mix (spiked cider) & munchies. 10% off bottles of the hot ruby mix
• ToyFair – 40%-75% off entire stock of toys, shoes, & clothing; serving wine.
• Clarkes Jewelers – stop by & enter to win a pair of 1ct diamond earrings.
• Harper House Boutique – first 5 customers get VIP bag good for 10% off all purchases thru 12/25; 20% off during Tinsel; register to win $250 gift card with any purchase.
STOP 6 – Azalea Drive
• Whisk Dessert Bar – complimentary hot cocoa and homemade marshmallows, and enter to win dessert party for 10.
• L.E. & Chalk – grab a drink & enjoy 25% off yard games; Mistral soaps 2 for $20.
• Cactus at The Place – 20% off everything in store; offering drinks, snacks, & free gift wrapping.
• Canatella Interiors – Skinny Louisiana will be in store signing cookbooks as well as a local art vendor; eats/drinks from Le Louisiane Catering.
STOP 7 – Uptown Shopping Center
• King Hardware and Gifts – first 25 customers receive free Tyler Diva laundry wash; food/drinks provided by Bistro Byronz and treats by Delish on Line.
• The Moppet Shoppe – first 10 who spend $100 get free 16oz Swell bottle.
• Imelda’s Shreveport – guests can spin a wheel to win a variety of discounts, gift certificates, merchandise, and other gift items; sip sangria while you shop.
• Learning Express Toys of Shreveport – 20% off all regular priced merchandise and free spinner for your stocking. Snacks and treats by Caspiana Catering & Confections.
• Louisiana Coin and Jewelry – first 10 people to spend $50 get free item; first 10 people to spend $100 receive free gift; 20% off entire store.
STOP 8 – Highland Village / Sweat Society
• Sweat Society – is giving 30% off the entire store! Come shop Lorna Jane activewear, Little Barn Apothecary organic skincare, Moon Juice, Satya Jewelry, specials on class passes memberships, + grab n go gifts! Plus pop up shops from ART by Lauren, Clare Mills Designs and anti-aging acupuncture sessions from Kristy Lynn! Food by Caspiana Catering & Confections, wine and champagne rosewater cocktails by Well+Fed Louisiana.
Check out their Facebook page; https://www.facebook.com/events/136197427031614/permalink/143603292957694/